Wednesday, July 16, 2008

25. Way to Go



I absolutely love this shot. Not because I think I am so skilled, but because I love the feeling and the meaning this little hand holds for us, personally. I am so thrilled that this game has gotten me to play around with my camera and figure out how to do this fairly basic effect, so thank you!

We use stickers for encouragement and rewarding our daughter, Dellaina. She has responded really well to them and loves to put stickers just about anywhere on her entire body. Nearly everyday, she comes home from day care with stickers on her hands. When we ask what she did to get them, she responds, "clean up!" We use them as rewards for going potty at home, which is finally looking up as she is wearing her Big Girl Panties this week and has been doing fabulous (so far!) So I just thought it was a great choice for her to pick out the Thumbs Up sticker (I had been patiently waiting and biding my time) and wanted to document a little Attagirl! for her efforts. Also, if you only knew what convincing it took to talk her into doing her thumbs up in the first place, then in the right location, for the right amount of time and allowing me to take pictures! whew! I am just exhausted, but so pleased that it looks so serene - like a real motivational poster! hee. My husband even got a little choked up by it (the little wisp of hair in the corner!), so I knew I had to use it.

3 comments:

Amy in GA said...

Yes - this is wonderful. I noticed the whisp of hair as well. :) I do think you'll always treasure this sweet little shot. Awesome!!

mmullenix said...

That is absolutely precious! I love chunky little kid hands, and that little touch of hair does bring a smile to my face.

Sarah said...

I agree -- what a wonderful picture! And, I know exactly what you mean about the pride in havingn your child pose long enough to get the perfect shot. This is a shot I know you treasure love for a long time.