When I saw "historic" on the list, I thought, "ugh, that sounds hard." Then, I thought about our trip planned to Stone Mountain this past weekend and I got excited! I started immediately composing shots in my head even though I hadn't been there in years. I had intended to play around with some settings and try to capture a shot during the laser show when they outline the figures with lasers, because I thought that would definitely be more creative and unique shot rather than just your basic shot of the rock carving. Also, it was the 25th anniversary of the Laser Show Spectacular, so that was an extra layer of "historic." But, I neglected to fully think through the fact that as soon as the first firework went off with a LOUD bang, I'd have 2 screaming kids digging fingernails into me, terrified and wailing and one whining the refrain "I want to go home!" So not only would I not see the show, I wouldn't get to play around to try to take my picture - which I'm going to go with probably wouldn't have turned out anyway. I still find this picture rich with texture and actually like it a lot anyway.
Dahlia
12 years ago
2 comments:
I love the commentary here. Too funny, and I can just picture it all. Great, GREAT idea and even better photo. This doesn't look like an easy picture to get, but you did it fabulously!! Congrats - you are off to an excellent start!!!
Wonderful. I'd like to rope up and climb that carving, but that would land me in a Stone Mtn. Jail...
Post a Comment